Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Questionnaire for young people - analysis

Today I prepared a different lesson to analyse results of questionnaire we have now. I did it with two classes of mine (my dear students of 10ºth level) and with Patrícia Cataludo (my college of Physical Education and Teacher Director of one of this classes). We have done it in the Library of our school.
I am glad with this different teaching experience. Together we were able to analyse results we can find in our questionnaires, compare them with our expectations and with our own values and believes, and specialy discuss on all that information.

It is a good thing to see that these young boys and girls have a good sense of responsability; it's good to see they try to be free of pre-judjements and they look at one eachother as a person that have the same dignity they want for themselves. It's good to see men and women giving eachother a treatment in equal conditions.
I'm sure that, in gender relationship, this is a generation to whom justice is more effective. I'm very happy because I can work with so special young people. I have almost 50 students in this 2 classes, and they are all good boys and girls! They are socialy healthy people!

Working with such people, we can say it's good to be a teacher. In this situation we believe our work is useful.

Speaking about subjects we discussed:
  • biological and cultural conditions of sexual desire (how can culture we get change the way we face our sexuality? how can bilogical elements like sexual hormones change the way we behave sexualy?);
  • differences between sex and sexuality (this concept is associated with feelings, values and everything that makes sex become love);
  •  values associated to have sex with someone somebody is in love versus values associated to have sex with a strange person (data from questionnaire are realy interesting in what concerns this question);
  • equality of gender  in what concerns to sexual behavior (data from questionnaire are realy interesting in what concerns this question); .
Everyone in that lesson seemed to be interested, everybody left with the idea that people of their own age think in a similar way in what cocerns sexuality (at least people from Portugal and also people from Greece; other countries don't have enouth data to take conclusions with a minimum consistency).

Congratulations to the students who were in this intersting lesson; thank's to Patrícia Cataludo for her support.

Jorge Rocha

1 comment:

Maria Sourgiadaki said...

Reading all these, I felt two contradicting feelings.
I felt proud for getting involved in such a good project. The initial idea, the planning, the activities, the result, were all excellent. But I also felt disappointed, a feeling that I firstly had when I saw the proposal for partners in the etwinning forum. I knew then that I couldn't get involved in this project as much as I wanted, under the circumstances. I felt the same when I read Jorge's impressions after the lesson with the students. I wish I could have done something similar with my own students but it was impossible. I wish I could have contributed more in the questionnaire but again, it was impossible. Nevertheless, I stay with the best impressions I could have gained from a project. Jorge, I have learnt so much from you!
The school year is coming to an end . I wish to all of you, teachers and students of the "trip", to have a nice summer break. Enjoy life!